Personal Injury Attorney FAQ

Have You Suffered an Injury in Philadelphia Due to Neglect?

You face a lot of stress when suffering an injury due to someone else’s harmful actions. You may be in significant pain, you have to pay medical bills, and you might have to take time off of work to recover. 

Don’t know what to do next? Contact a personal injury attorney in Philadephia at the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore. Here are some common personal injury questions below so you can approach your case confidently. 

What Is Covered Under Personal Injury Law? 

Personal injury law covers accidental injuries, strict liability claims, and intentional torts. Accidental injuries arise from unintentional mistakes from other parties, like car accidents. Strict liability pertains to issues with some animal bites and malfunctioning products that cause harm. Finally, intentional torts refer to intentional acts of harm, such as assault, including sexual assault. 

What Should I Do Immediately After My Injury?

If you’re able, take photos of the accident scene. If there were witnesses to your injury, consider asking for their contact information. Then, immediately seek medical attention. These records will serve as evidence later. Whatever you do, don’t admit fault. Avoid saying anything until you speak to a personal injury lawyer. 

Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?

It isn’t easy to assess your case objectively. Generally, you have a personal injury case if someone’s carelessness or intentional actions caused your injury. However, talking to a personal injury lawyer is one way to determine if you have a case. 

Who Can I Sue in a Philadelphia Personal Injury Claim?

When you make a Philadelphia personal injury claim, you can sue a company, an individual, or a government entity. The circumstances of your personal injury lawsuit dictate who you sue. In some cases, you may hold multiple parties liable. For example, if you’re in a trucking accident, you may be able to sue the driver and the company they work for. 

What Damages Can I Collect in a Personal Injury Claim?

In a personal injury claim, you can pursue compensatory damages through economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages cover your calculable losses, such as medical bills and lost wages. Non-economic damages cover your emotional suffering. In some cases, you can also seek punitive damages. Punitive damages serve to punish the liable party. 

Can I Still File a Personal Injury Claim If I Don’t Feel Immediate Pain?

Just because you don’t immediately feel hurt doesn’t mean you don’t have a case. You likely won’t know the extent of your injuries until later. Injuries may worsen over time. This is why it’s important to seek medical attention after the accident, regardless of whether you feel pain. 

How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?

Every state has a statute of limitations for personal injury claims. You cannot file a claim past the designated period, or the court will likely dismiss it. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New Jersey and Pennsylvania is two years. 

Do I Need a Lawyer for My Personal Injury Case?

Yes, you should hire a personal injury lawyer for your case. They can help you assess the value of your claim, collect evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and file a claim. This can be a complex process, and the extra support makes a world of difference. 

Need a Personal Injury Lawyer? Contact the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore, P.C.

If you were recently injured due to someone’s negligent or intentional actions, you can seek compensation for your losses with a personal injury law firm. Contact the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore to review your case. 


Related Post

Car Accident Lawyer FAQ

Car Accident Lawyer FAQ

Being in a car accident is an overwhelming experience. You have to deal with phone calls, insurance adjusters, car repairs, and even lawsuits.  A car accident lawyer can help. Here at the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore we’ll guide you through this difficult process. ...

read more

Call us today!

Receive the compensation you deserve.
Let’s talk about your case