Philadelphia Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you care about were hit by a car while walking, the Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyers at Law Offices of Eric A. Shore would be there for you every step of the way. Pedestrian accidents can result in serious injuries, and the aftermath can be complicated. Our personal injury law firm understands what it takes to obtain the compensation you require so that you and your family can move forward.
If you are interested to know more about how we can help you obtain justice and fair compensation, speak to our Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer now!
Why do I need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Pennsylvania?
A Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer cannot change what happened or take away your pain or injuries. However, we can and will ensure that you get the compensation required to cover medical bills, replace lost income, and get your life back on track.
To assist victims who have been struck by vehicles, our Law Offices of Eric A. Shore pedestrian accident lawyer in Philadelphia will:
- Investigate the accident scene
- Collect and preserve all pieces of evidence to create a solid and compelling case
- Protect your rights
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- Ensure that the amount of your damages and losses are fully reflected in your personal injury settlement
- Handle all the paperwork
- Represent your best interests at all times
- Prepare for personal injury litigation if settlement is not feasible
Get in touch with our legal team so that we can start working on your case. Let us conduct an assessment to determine how much your pedestrian crash case is worth.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Our Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyers at Law Offices of Eric A. Shore represent pedestrian accident victims who have suffered a variety of significant and minor harms. We handle the following pedestrian accident cases:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Do not hesitate to contact us for assistance and legal advice if you or a loved one has been hurt in a pedestrian crash.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Philadelphia
Even though most drivers abide by the law, there are still a significant number of accidents involving pedestrians. The following are the primary contributors to incidents involving pedestrians:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drunk or impaired driving
- Failing to yield to or watch for pedestrians in crosswalks
- Improper use of crosswalks and bike lanes
- Broken or missing manhole covers
- Hazardous street or sidewalk conditions
- Bad weather conditions
It’s a good idea to speak with our Philadelphia pedestrian accident attorney if you have been hurt in a pedestrian accident.
Pedestrian Accidents Liability
Accidents frequently occur for a variety of causes. You may be entitled to compensation under Pennsylvania law from anyone who helped cause your pedestrian accident, such as
- Negligent drivers
- Other pedestrians
- Truck drivers
- Bus drivers
- Transit companies
- Product or vehicle manufacturers
- The city of Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, the state of Pennsylvania, or other government entities
- Employers of at-fault parties and more
Compensation for Pedestrian Accidents in Pennsylvania
The amount of compensation you may receive can vary significantly depending on the kind of claim you have. The severity of your injuries, the amount of medical care you received, who was at fault, and whether or not they are permanent will all affect how much compensation you receive.
According to Pennsylvania law, the driver is liable for your injuries if you were hit by a car while walking. You can recover your financial losses without having to show that you have a permanent injury or disability. Compensation may include a variety of things, such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Disability, both temporary and permanent
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages, if applicable
Your case and the potential value of the settlement you might be entitled to can be determined by sitting down with our Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer.
How Long is the Pedestrian Accident Settlement Process?
Pedestrian accident claims in Philadelphia can take a couple of weeks to months, depending on the circumstances of your case. A settlement can be processed a few weeks after the parties have reached a settlement. A Philadelphia pedestrian accident law firm will frequently write a check to the injured party for the settlement balance after ensuring that all other parties have received their payments. Before payments are finalized, additional information is occasionally required.
Call The Law Offices of Eric A. Shore to speak with a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer who can give you a better timeline estimate for your case.
What If I’m Blamed For My Pedestrian Accident?
Car accident victims may occasionally bear some responsibility for their own injuries. Even if this is the case for you, you may still be eligible for fair compensation. Pennsylvania is a state that applies modified comparative negligence. Simply put, you won’t be denied financial compensation unless you bear a greater proportion of the blame for your accident.
You are entitled to a portion of your financial damages if you are partially at fault but bear less than 50% of the blame. Simply reduce your financial award to reflect the amount of fault assigned to you. For instance, if you bear 30% of the responsibility, your damages will be 30% lower.
Be ready for insurance companies and other parties to blame you for your injuries and point the finger at you. You risk losing the chance to get the money you need and deserve if you don’t stand up for yourself and fight back. To protect you and your monetary claim, the Philadelphia pedestrian accident attorneys at Law Offices of Eric A. Shore will take every precaution. Our goal is to obtain the maximum compensation claim you deserve.
What To Do After a Pedestrian Accident?
Many pedestrians consider crossing a street to be a routine activity. Unfortunately, many motorists are inattentive and occasionally fail to notice a pedestrian crossing the road until it is too late.
There are several actions you should take as soon as you can if you are struck by a car:
- Seek Medical Assistance Immediately: In a collision involving a vehicle and a pedestrian, the injured parties must be given medical care as soon as possible. The sooner you receive medical attention, the less likely the injury will result in long-term complications.
- Document All Your Injuries: List all your injuries and take pictures. Documenting your injuries and securing a medical record will help strengthen your case and build a strong personal injury claim.
- Call the Police: It can be challenging to remember details after a serious injury, so reporting the incident to the police as soon as you can is essential for recording the sequence of events that led to the injury.
- Don’t Admit or Discuss Fault: Never discuss the fault with the other party or the insurance provider. More importantly, do not admit to any fault at all. It is best to wait and talk it over with a Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Even though you were a pedestrian when the accident happened, you should still get in touch with your insurance provider to ensure your accident is covered.
- Seek Legal Help and Representation: The Law Offices of Eric A. Shore are well-experienced in pedestrian accidents and can help you decide whether you have a case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit in Pennsylvania?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in the state of Pennsylvania is two years. This means that you have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim for compensation. If you wait too long, your right to compensation from negligent parties will be lost.
Depending on the particulars of your situation, the amount of time you have to take action could be increased or decreased. Because of this, it is extremely important to consult with a Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible after you have been injured.
Call our Qualified Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia Now!
Accidents involving pedestrians can result in massive costs. It can easily cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars between medical costs, lost wages, and the trauma of your accident. You should hold the person who put you in this situation fully responsible if they did so. Personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore can assist you in pursuing justice and compensation.
A reputable legal representation will facilitate a smoother process for all parties in any pedestrian accident. Our law office has a wealth of experience handling all kinds of personal injury cases, and we will look into every possibility of obtaining compensation for your case.
If you have any inquiries about Philadelphia’s laws governing pedestrian accidents or if you’d like us to start looking into your case right away, call our Philadelphia law office right away to arrange a free case evaluation.
Personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore have vast experience representing car accident victims in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland. Contact us online or call 1-800-CANT-WORK (1-856-433-6173) or 856-761-1222 today to schedule your free consultation at one of our offices. Whether in settlement talks or before a jury, we will passionately advocate on your behalf. Because we work on a contingency basis, our fee is paid only when we win for you.