Dog Bite Checklist
If you can’t work, we can work for you!
Dog Bite Lawyers
Checklist: What You Should do if Bitten by a Dog
If you are bitten by someone else’s dog, there are a number of immediate steps you should take to protect your rights and support any subsequent insurance and legal proceedings. Here’s a checklist of things you should do if you experience a dog bite accident:
- Clean the bite wound with soap and water as soon as possible.
- Get the dog owner’s name and contact information and request proof of rabies vaccination.
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Consult your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room if necessary. Follow all directions of your physician, take prescribed medications and go to all follow up appointments.
- Take good photos of injuries and any torn/bloody clothing immediately after the incident. Continue to take photos during recovery which visually demonstrate the pain and difficulty of the process.
- Report the incident to the animal control agency in your jurisdiction.
- Consult with a personal injury lawyer in New Jersey who handles dog bites. An experienced attorney will help you with the following:
- Investigate your case to determine negligence and liability.
- Handle all details of the case and advise you about your options.
- Ensure that you recover the maximum compensation to which you are entitled. Almost all cases can be settled without going to trial.
Remember, if you or someone you love has been the victim of a dog bite accident, it’s always best to consult with an attorney before speaking with an insurance company. New Jersey personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore has successfully pursued all entitled compensation for dog bite victims. For more information or to discuss your dog bite injury, call 800-CANT-WORK or 856-761-1222 or contact us online.