Great office with very knowledgeable help in getting a favorable decision in my behalf, thank you and I would recommend your office to anyone that is trying for SSI or SSD.
5 / 5 stars
Se Habla Español

Veterans Disability Compensation

If you suffered an injury during military service or aggravation to an existing injury as a result of your military service, the Veterans Disability Lawyers at The Law Offices of Eric A. Shore can help.

A veteran is someone who has served in the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines. If you have been diagnosed with a severe medical condition, whether it was during your time of service or afterward, you may be entitled to compensation.

During your service, were you diagnosed with a condition, or were you treated for related symptoms of this condition? Is there any documentation that this incident occurred? Do you have or can you get a written medical opinion from a doctor that your condition is service related?


Were you diagnosed with a condition prior to your service? Did serving make your condition worse? Can you obtain proof from a medical professional of an incident or event in service that made the disability worse?

Contact The Law Offices of Eric A. Shore at 1-800-CANT-WORK

If you served:

  • In the Vietnam War, there is a presumption in place for those who have been exposed to Agent Orange. If you have proof that you served during any period between January 9, 1962 and May 7, 1975 and received a diagnosis of chronic illness within one year of your discharge date, you are automatically entitled to benefits.
  • In the Gulf War or more recently in Iraq and suffer from skin or respiratory problems, headaches, fatigue or stomach problems you may be entitled to compensation for a condition known as Gulf War Syndrome. If you suffer from mental or physical disabilities, you deserve compensation. The most common mental disabilities are Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety. If you or someone you know are suffering from these conditions as a result of their military service, contact us today.

We are also able to assist with cases involving:

  • Those who have served in the National Guard or National Reserve and were released to active duty.
  • Individual Un-employability: If your disability prevents you from working full-time, you may qualify for Individual Un-employability. Your disability must be rated at 60% or greater, and if you suffer from more than one disability, one must be rated at 40% or greater, and the total of your disability rating must be 70% or greater.


In order for us to form a case, you must fulfill the following criteria:

  • You must be a veteran.
  • You must have been discharged or released on conditions other than dishonorable.
  • There must be evidence that you suffer from a disability as noted above.
  • There must be evidence that your military injury or disability is preventing you from living a normal life.


Veteran disabilities are rated on a scale from 0%-100%. The worse your disability is, the higher the rating percentage you are assigned. The higher your rating percentage is, the greater the monetary benefit  you are entitled to. If your disability rating is greater than 30%, you are entitled to benefits for your dependent children as well (children under the age of 18).

At  The Law Offices of Eric A. Shore, we have the ability to handle appeals at the state and federal levels. We will work with you to gather the information you need, from filing an initial application, to filing claims for rating increases, to filing appeals for denial of benefits, to fully develop and fast-track the strongest possible Veterans Disability case for you.

All of our cases are contingency based – we don’t win unless you do.

  • Initial applications are free
  • Our legal fee is 20% of the back pay you are awarded.

The sooner you file, the sooner you can receive the compensation you deserve. This process can take up to 2 years, so get started on your Veteran Disability case today.

If you are a veteran suffering from a disability, contact The Law Offices of Eric A. Shore.

Call today at 1-800-CANT-WORK or contact us online.


The Law Offices of Eric A. Shore is located at:

2 Penn Center, Suite 1240
1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19102

201 Laurel Rd – 8th Floor
Voorhees, NJ 08043


NO FEE unless YOU WIN!

*Attorneys at the Law Offices of Eric A. Shore handle Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claims throughout the United States. Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and other types of cases are only handled in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland.

National Headquarters are located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but we serve Social Security claimants in many communities throughout the United States including: New York, Miami, Tampa, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas, San Antonio, Boston, Buffalo, Brooklyn, Newark, and Pennsauken.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established. An attorney-client relationship is formed when the attorney and client both execute a retainer agreement.

© 2021 by Employment Law, Disability Law and Injury Law Offices of Eric A. Shore at 1-800-CANT-WORK.
All rights reserved.

Call Now ButtonCall Now